The emerging fields of proteomics, genomics and translational medicine has driven biorepositories to grow more larger and more complex, while becoming extremely specialized at the same time. Since the last two decades, the biobanking industry has grown exponentially and this has translated into huge volumes of specimens and data – all requiring operational efficiency for their effective organization and management. For biorepositories to work effectively, the tracing and tracking of biospecimens must be precise for the entire sample’s life cycle.
Octalsoft’s biorepository management software is a purpose-built, cloud-based application that enables biobanks to store, track and manage various biospecimens and annotated data in a structured manner. It comes with a robust search and report generation engine that enables all essential ad-hoc queries and maintains up-to-date inventory lists. The software can be configurated to support any workflow and is highly scalable to support end number of biospecimen records. The software is validated, 21 CFR Part 11, and HIPAA compliant.
Octalsoft BMS is ideal for not only for small and mid-sized biobanks, but also for multi-repository, multi-site, high throughput environments.
Why choose Octalsoft Biorepository Management Software?
- Intuitive user interface
- Configurable biospecimen collection protocols
- Centralized and decentralized storage layouts
- Configurable workflow management tools
- Inherent barcode printing & scanning
- Manage genealogy of samples
- Bulk upload of legacy data
- Manage chain of custody
- Record freeze-thaw counts
- Batch process samples
- Advanced search by metadata specimen attributes
- Order management – shipping and retrieval
- No IT infrastructure required